Saturday, August 5, 2017

Scissors

sometimes I apply scissors to my hair, yesterday evening I watched 
a TV program about becoming happy, I wasn't
during the commercial break an ad about the satisfying effect
of a new kind of shampoo with salt crystals that should work
like a tiny universe to which you would ascend to.

this morning I was taken aback by a drop I saw on
a leaf, stay close to yourself I thought, both feet
on the ground, be sparse with big words, avoid
elaborate metaphors, they could easily turn into clichés

J.H. Leopold wrote about life mirrored in a drop of water
after the rain had gone. He used his scissors for the
Frankfurter Allgemeine and his birthday was May 11

in the program an expert was interviewed  
how can it become and how does it then feel, somebody from the audience asked
one feeling of happiness isn't the other, often you notice it when 
it has passed, then you get dejected, dejection is a disease,
nostalgia on the other hand is something you can live with
sometimes I apply scissors to my hair
how perfect could a perfect day have been

1 comment: